Tips for buying real estate
Tips for buying real estate at Zlatbor
Zlatibor is one of our most visited mountains, both by domestic tourists and tourists from all over Europe and the world. Regardless of the season, it offers its visitors numerous opportunities for rest and relaxation. It is the right choice for parents with children, as well as for the elderly population.
Buying real estate on Zlatibor is the choice of a large number of people, whether because of enjoying the charms of this beautiful mountain or because of the possibility of making good money.
However, before you decide on this step, it is necessary to be well prepared. Buying real estate, although one of the happiest moments, can often be very stressful. Here are a few things you should check before you decide to buy a property on Zlatibor.
Define how much money you have
The first thing you should do before you start looking for a property is to define how much money you have. In Serbia, most citizens buy an apartment on credit. This is often complicated by the large amount of documentation required. For that reason, we have done our best to make your job easier. Since the construction of our complex is monitored by the bank, we have enabled our clients to buy apartments through housing loans, with already provided project documentation.
All the necessary documentation for the real estate is already in the bank and you have no obligation to collect it yourself. On the other hand, if he buys an apartment for cash, you can pay at once or in already agreed installments, depending on your possibilities.
Is the property registered?
The most important thing to check before you decide to buy real estate in Zlatibor is whether it is registered. You can check all information about the property in the real estate cadastre. In it, you can check whether there are additional encumbrances on the real estate, as well as who the owner is. The easiest way to do it is online, by going to the Internet service of the Republic Geodetic Institute https://katastar.rgz.gov.rs/eKatastarPublic/PublicAccess.aspx.
The information you need to know when checking are:
- name of the municipality
- the name of the cadastral municipality and the number of the cadastral parcel
- or the address and house number of the property you want to check.
Buying real estate under construction yes or no?
By buying an apartment under construction, you get the opportunity to save a lot of money, and at the same time get a brand new apartment. However, there are certain steps you should take before making a purchase.
- Verification of data on the facility itself as well as verification of property-legal documentation (whether there is a final decision on issuing a permit for the construction of the mentioned facility ..)
- Check whether the investor is registered with the Business Registers Agency or the Serbian Chamber of Commerce. In addition, it is good to check whether his account has been blocked, whether taxes have been paid ...
- Check whether the investor owns the land on which the facility is being built, as well as whether he has a building permit.
- Gather additional information about the investor by checking previous works (whether he met the deadlines, the quality of construction, etc.)
Choosing the location where you plan to buy a property depends on several factors. For a start, if you are planning to rent an apartment on Zlatibor, potential buyers will be interested in how far it is from the center and the ski slope, as well as whether there are shops and pharmacies nearby. Tourists often choose the center as their choice when choosing accommodation, so buying an apartment in the center of Zlatibor is an investment that will pay off quickly.
On the other hand, if you are buying an apartment on Zlatibor primarily for your needs, then the location itself depends on your affinities, ie whether the center where you are more crowded, nightlife or the periphery where you can enjoy the calmer atmosphere of this beautiful mountain.
Old or new construction?
The eternal dilemma of all those who want to buy an apartment or rent it - whether to buy an apartment in an old or new building? The answer to this question is not easy at all. There have always been prejudices that apartments in new construction are not built according to quality standards, which is not true. Also, there are situations in which an apartment in an old building may be better than in a new one. There are many factors that affect the quality of construction. There are a few advantages that can help you in the decision-making process.
The advantages of old construction are:
- Lower price
- Arranged documentation
- Planned projects
- Location - usually close to important roads
On the other hand, new construction offers its advantages:
- It doesn't have to be renovated - the apartment is ready to move in immediately and you don't have to hire workers
- They are generally more energy efficient - they have good thermal insulation, waterproofing and noise insulation
- The squares are better used
- New installations
- They are mostly located in places where there are kindergartens, schools, shops ..
- Low building maintenance costs